There’s more than one way to skin a cat, or so I’ve been told. The same applies to getting your website to the top of Google SERPS. You can choose to buy your way to the top (PPC Adwords) or work your way to the top (organic SEO). PPC ads on Google are the ads you see both above, to the right and sometimes below the Organic search results. Of all the traffic coming to a Google search engine results page (SERPS), on average, 14.5% of it will click on a PPC ad. The other 85.5% will click on an organic result. That’s a big difference. The top three positions in natural searches averaged over 35% of clicks, peaking at 42% for position one, so that alone shows the importance of an effective SEO campaign.
A good SEO agency will be able to help you evaluate both PPC and SEO options and look at how each or both could be used to improve your Online Marketing. PPC has its place when you want to get instant results. Place an ad, get it approved, bid high enough and you will have instant traffic. You need to balance this instant traffic benefit against actually making a profit. If you just want to test an approach or niche the cost can be justified whether you make a profit or not. Set a budget, plan ahead and you will have your market research information instantly.
Where you can see clear profit against the cost of advertising then you have a great business model. Just check your stats and scale up to whatever you can afford to cash flow. A common tactic can be to start a PPC campaign to get presence and traffic in a market niche while you establish your SEO presence. The PPC is instant and the SEO tends to phase in over 1-3 months depending on your markets competitiveness. If you are lucky enough to have an SEO agency that covers PPC management as well as organic SEO, then hold on to them. All too often I see SEO agencies bashing PPC as if it was some evil being. It has its place and in some cases is the way to go forward. Recently while researching a new niche for a client we found the PPC market wide open.
Nobody else advertising for a nice high search volume keyword and we were picking up clicks for 15 cents on PPC. Nice, very nice! If you go the route of SEO campaign then your agency will start to earn its money. First job is comprehensive research of your site, your market niche, your competitors and your current SEO positioning. They will need to look at opportunities and requirements for both on-page and off-page SEO, and you should have a strategy mapped out for you by them. Then go through the strategy with them, but please remember they are the experts so second guessing or questioning every little tactic or action will only result in frustration on both parts. If you go to a surgeon for an operation you know you need, you’re probably not going to spend a lot of time telling him how to do it.
And then the final result, drum roll please, will be a first page position for your chosen keywords. So what can the right SEO agency do for you?
- Put your website on the map
- Turn your online investment into a profitable one
- Allow you to focus on your business; building content, making money
- Make the whole process a much more enjoyable one (imagine how you feel when you have someone who can turn on the traffic flow for you whenever you want)
- Stop you pulling your hair out and going grey before your time
- Make the tea and coffee and sweep the floors (ok went a bit too far there!)
To find out why everyone is talking about eTrafficSolutions as an SEO agency that can deliver the goods and get a taste of their renowned and refreshing client support, contact them now.Read More →